News & Events
UETTDREL14 Working safely near live electrical apparatus as a non electrical worker – Refresher
- September 6, 2020
- Posted by: MWD
- Category: Training Courses
This course will provide you with the necessary technical knowledge to safely work near overhead power lines.
- Identify statutory Acts and Regulations associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment and hand held tools near overhead power lines
- Identify hazards associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment and hand held tools near overhead power lines
- Identify various hardware and voltages in the ESI environment
- Identify relevant clearances for various voltages found in the ESI environment
- Identify correct selection and understanding of clearance tables relevant to the task being performed
- Identify correct emergency procedures associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment and hand held tools near overhead power lines
Pre requisite – Introductory full course to have been completed within the previous 3 years
Refresher course – half day
Initial full training – 16 participants
Initial full training – $150 per person
Upon successful completion of this course, applicants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment – UETTDREL14 Working safely near live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights. It describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to work safely at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
Participant pre requisite: Nil
On site cost: Cost associated with training will be provided on request
Course assessment: Practical assessment – inspect and fit/implement equipment, work at heights, perform rescue. Oral and/or written questioning on required knowledge
Validity of training: annual refresher required as stipulated in the Safework NSW Work Near Overhead Powerlines Code of Practice